This one is so easy, it almost doesn’t qualify for it’s own post. As easy as it was, it turned out fantastic. I don’t use a slow cooker often, but this makes me wonder why.
I made the recipe even easier by using store bought slaw mix. It’s fine in a pinch. We served it with Alexia fries and onion rings, which made it even more easy.
We only used two large chicken breasts which we ate off twice. You could easily double that and just add a little more buffalo sauce and the whole seasoning packet.
Hat tip to LOTS of other bloggers and websites that posted similar recipes for the buffalo chicken.
Give this a try and let us know in the comments what you think.
Ingredients – Buffalo Chicken
- 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 packet of Hidden Valley Buttermilk Ranch seasoning
- 1 – 12 oz bottle of buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s)
- Olive oil
Ingredients – Bleu Cheese Coleslaw
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cabbage
- Coleslaw dressing (store bought)
- Bleu cheese
Ingredients – Other
- Place chicken in your slow cooker. Dust with the Ranch dressing packet, pour in 3/4 of the buffalo sauce and set to low. Cook six hours. (Note: you can also set the slow cooker for high and cut the cook time in half.)
- In a large bowl add the cabbage, bleu cheese (add some, taste and add more if needed to taste) and less of the dressing then you think you’ll need, toss to combine. Taste and adjust for seasoning. Add more dressing just before serving if need be. Place in the refrigerator.
- After six hours, using two forks, shred the chicken. Add a tablespoon or two of the olive oil (you could use butter if you like) and more buffalo sauce, if you like. Mix together and let it cook another 30 minutes to an hour.
- If you are making the fries/onion rings, follow the instruction on the package. If you want to make your own fries try these baked French fries (another slow cooker recipe as well).
- Just before serving, toast the buns.
- To serve, pile some chicken and coleslaw on the bun and enjoy. That’s it, super easy.