I love guacamole. It is so easy to make and very healthy.
My wife wasn’t a big fan of avocado or guacamole. I think it was because she had never tasted the real fresh made stuff. Well, at a local favorite restaurant called Papas and Beer they make it table side. Guess what? Now she likes it, a lot.
Below is my go to guacamole recipe. I like it a little spicy so I leave the stem and seeds of the jalapeno in. I also like it slightly chunky, not huge chunks but I don’t like it overly mushy. I don’t add tomatoes which a lot of recipes do, and I add cilantro because it is awesome.
Best advice is pick good avocados and make sure they get covered with the lime juice otherwise it’ll be a ugly brown mess.
- 2 large avocados
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1/2 large bunch of cilantro, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bag of your favorite tortilla chips (I love the Tostitos® Multigrain)
- Cut avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop into a mixing bowl. Immediately cut lime in half and cover the avocado with the juice.
- To the avocado, add onion, jalapeno, cilantro and salt and pepper to taste. Mix to a consistency that you like.