I use any excuse to use Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon. It is one of my favorite products. Combine that with Applegate Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese, local eggs, arugula and fresh ciabatta bread. This is my favorite breakfast sandwich right now, by far.
I don’t eat breakfast very often. I’m lucky if I get a granola bar, some trail mix and a piece of fruit in before lunch. On the weekends, I might take the time for brunch or an occasional breakfast at home. The last couple of weekends I’ve been making this sandwich and I love it. It is super easy and delicious. I’ve talked about Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon before, I also love Applegate products but you could use any bacon and cheese and this sandwich would still be good. The key is cooking the eggs in bacon drippings (fat), lots of pepper and olive oil.
By the way, the best way to cook bacon is in the oven. Just sayin’.
- 2 slices Niman Ranch Applewood Smoked Bacon
- 1 slice Applegate Extra Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 1-2 local eggs
- 2 thick slices ciabatta bread
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil and place the bacon on the foil. Place the sheet in the oven and decrease the heat slightly. Allow to cook, rotating the sheet once. Once the bacon is done, remove and place on a paper towel. Reserve the bacon drippings.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat. Add a tablespoon of the bacon drippings. Add the eggs top with lots of fresh cracked pepper and cook over easy.
- In the meantime, put the ciabatta in the toaster. Once done, drizzle the bread liberally with olive oil. Put half of the cheese on the top of one piece of bread. Add the eggs and top with the other half of cheese. Top that with the bacon and arugula and finish with the other piece of toast. Enjoy!